Thursday, August 19, 2010

Status Update 8/19/2010

Hey everyone,

I'd like to give all of you an update on what I've been working on lately.

Firstly, I've been working very hard on resizing and cleaning images of pantographs, so they look presentable on our website and blog. This is very important seen as how the one of the main purposes of our presence on the web is so everyone can see the pantographs Susan K. Quilting can stitch for them.

Secondly, I've been making some more updates to the website, so that the design of website works and looks better for what we're trying to do. For example, if you go onto susank.awardspace.biz and click on a pantograph, you'll have to hit the 'back' button on your browser to keep looking at more. While this is a working solution, I want everyone to be able to zoom into pantographs while keeping the webpage open. In fact, I already have this working, I just have to clean up all the images to be more presentable!

Finally and possibly most importantly, I am working to transfer 'www.susankquilting.com' to a new hosting service. The reason that I am doing this is because I cannot customize the current website the way we need it using our current hosting service. Also, I'd like to re-create the way users can view finished quilts to look more like the way users view pantographs on our website and blog.

Well, that's about it (for now)! It's definitely not a short order coupled with a full-time job, but we'll make all the changes I outlined above! Also, I'll regularly post updates on this blog, so be sure to check in whenever you get the chance to!

Thank you,

Andrew Davis
Susan K. Quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment